Blyth Community Rowing club was formed in 2014 as part of a town wide initative to bring rowing back to Blyth after an absence of 50 plus years. As part of this members of the community built their own St Ayles Skiff and now are looking to build and launch a second one. The original Skiff (named Crofton by local school children) was launched at last years Maritime Festival.
The skiff was built in the local shopping centre and came third place nationally in the Great British Highstreet Coastal Communities competition.
If you wish to join the committee, try rowing or get involved in building the next Skiff please get in touch.
List of Upcoming Events for BCRC
- 18th July – Blyth Summer Fair, Blyth Market Place
- 19th July – Royal Northumberland 125th Aniversary, Skiff racing
- 23rd july – Blyth Youth Market, Blyth Market Place
- 30/31 August – Old Boat Gathering, Newcastle City Marina
- 6th September – Great Tyne Row, Newburn to Tynemouth
- 27th September – Tweed Row, Berwick to Paxton House – and return
In addition to the above dates we will be rowing every Thursday evening from 5.30pm and every Sunday from 1pm, please get in touch if you want to ‘have a go!’
Blyth and worldwide.
email@example.com blythcommunityrowingclub.co.uk (Facebook page - facebook.com/blythcommunityrowingclub)