Northumberland IFCA is one of 10 IFCAs around the coast of England.
The National IFCA Vision:- “IFCAs will lead, champion and manage a sustainable marine environment and inshore fisheries, by successfully securing the right balance between social, environmental and economic benefits to ensure healthy seas, sustainable fisheries and a viable industry”.
Locally, we work as much as possible with stakeholders and everyone in Northumberland & North Tyneside with an interest in sea fisheries & marine environment.The aims of NIFCA are:
- To ensure that exploitation of sea fisheries resources is carried out in a sustainable way.
- To balance the social and economic benefits of exploiting the sea fisheries resources of the district with the need to protect the marine environment from, or promote its recovery from, the effects of such exploitation.
- Take any other steps which in the Authority’s opinion are necessary, or expedient for the purpose of making a contribution to the achievement of sustainable development.
- To balance the different needs of persons engaged in the exploitation of sea fisheries resources in the district.
- To ensure all objectives of any Marine Conservation Zone in the district are furthered.
The NIFCA have 21 members.
How to Join
Member vacancies are advertised on our web-site and through the office of the Marine Management Organisation (MMO).
01670 797676 firstname.lastname@example.org www.nifca.gov.uk 9.00am to 4.30pm Mon/Fri